Work Package 2 (Requirements and architecture design)
This work package has been created with the aim of studying the requirements to build an SAR system for the PPDR services. In this work package, the system architecture is devised and it is used as a reference throughout the project. This model is the input to WP3, WP4 and WP5. Results from WP3, WP4 and WP5 imply updates to this model.
ORBITAL is the leader for carrying out this WP.
The definition of the tasks specified for this WP are the following:
Task 2.1: Requirements of rescue applications.
-This task deals with the definition of the rescue applications. Within the task, current state-of-the-art is analysed, in the context of search and rescue operations. A questionnaire is developed by all partners to maximise the usefulness of the activity. Such questionnaire is sent to a identified potential target groups with the aim of obtaining its feedback about the system.
- Therefore the task leader is SGSP as a potential end-user
Task 2.2: Definition of rescue architecture system.
-This task deals with definition of the global system architecture, including high-level system requirements, specification and dependencies of all involved subsystems. All relevant design decisions regarding the technological challenges and trade-offs detected to comply with the global requirements specified in Task 2.1 are addressed in this task.
- Therefore the task leader is ORBITAL
Task 2.3: Definition of EGNSS subsystem.
- This task deals with the technology specification of the EGNSS subsystem. Considering the outcome of the higher level requirements analysis in task 2.1 and task 2.2 a requirements analysis on subsystem level is done to specify the EGNSS module, e.g., the needed performance level of the GNSS receivers. This task includes the HW & SW interface definition to the other modules especially the DCT and the overall system.
- Therefore the task leader is NAVPOS.
Task 2.4: Definition of DCT subsystem.
- This task deals with the technology specification of the DCT subsystem. Definition of the requirements, specifications, range, inputs, outputs and communication interface will be performed in this task. The HW, SW and inputs/outputs of the subsystem is also described.
- Therefore the task leader is CEIT.
Task 2.5: Definition of GS subsystem, communication and control.
- This task deals with the specification and design of the Ground Segment including two segregated data chains for UAV navigation (Telemetry + Commanding) and mission payload data. Specific operation requirements obtained from end-users in Task 2.1 is driven the GS design including datalink coverage, environmental restrictions, payload data timing and jitter and Software graphical interface usability.
- Therefore the task leader is ORBITAL.
The deliverable corresponding to this WP are the following:
D2.1: Report on requirements of rescue applications: use cases.
D2.2: Report on MOBNET architecture system.
D2.3: Report on MOBNET EGNSS subsystem.
D2.4: Report on MOBNET DCT subsystem.
D2.5: Report on MOBNET GS subsystem.